This recipe is sure to get everyone around the dinner table. It’s become a Your Supper Solution family favorite! You can spice it up or keep it tame, but I bet you everyone will love it! Your Supper Solution members used precooked chicken (or rotisserie chicken) and leftover quinoa they’d made for a previous meal (we have killer leftover strategies).
Let’s get started! You’ll have this meal on the table in no time.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken, pre-cooked, or rotisserie
- Chicken Stock
- Red/Orange Bell Peppers
- Sour Cream
- Buffalo Sauce, mild
- Blue Cheese Crumbles, or Shredded Cheese of choice
- Celery (optional)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your quinoa (keen-wah) per package instructions which usually takes about 15 minutes. I use chicken stock instead of water to give it a better flavor. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until filling your peppers. NOTE: Having quinoa already cooked makes this meal even quicker!
- Get out your pre-cooked chicken/rotisserie chicken and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Wash peppers and cut out stems. Cut from stem to end and scrape out any ridges or seeds. Generally, I buy and prepare about 1 pepper per person which makes two halves.
- Mix your cubed chicken with Buffalo sauce (I buy a premade sauce with few ingredients) & sour cream. Here’s the ratio: Per cup of cubed chicken add 1-2 tbsp buffalo sauce (depending on your preferred spice level) and 1 tbsp sour cream. I use at least 4 cups of chicken, so that’s 1/4 – 1/2 cup of sauce and 1/4 cup sour cream. Mix it up. You can add a little more sour cream if you want to cut the heat.
- Spray a 9 & 13-inch dish with cooking spray. Lay pepper halves in the pan. Layer with 1/4 c quinoa in the bottom of each pepper half and top with buffalo chicken mixure. Repeat until each pepper is filled. Pop in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles (if you don’t like blue cheese, you can top with shredded cheese of choice) about 5 minutes before you pull them from the oven.
This is an all-in-one meal, so the sides are built right in. Serve with celery sticks as a crunchy garnish and drizzle with extra buffalo sauce if desired. It’s just enough spice to be nice!
Don’t miss a single dinner menu. Join the Your Supper Solution family today!